Another great video from SmartPak. I love these. So funny. So true!
So, in writing this blog and looking for ways to keep it filled, I’ve come to realize a few things: 1. There are a lot of horse people 2. There aren’t a lot of horse-people friendly establishments. 3. Small town tack stores are getting harder to find. 4. I live way too far from the awesome tack stores I’d love to visit.
When I say, “there aren’t a lot of horse-people friendly establishments,” I’m not talking about barns, tackshops, or feed stores. I’m talking about places to grab a cup of coffee in your barn clothes with your barn friends, for committee meetings, to sit down and read some damn horse books, and of course, the big one, to do horse laundry.
So, I dream of a place…
In a cool old building with compfy chairs, coffee, pastries…and of course horse stuff! This is my dream place what my dream place is for:
- A library with all the horse books you can imagine, to read, check out and examine
- A library full of training dvds, past horse shows, and great movies, and a place to view them
- A great scanner, a few computers, a good printer…where you can update your website, scan registration papers, or make copies for a sale
- a big comfy conference room just for committee meetings or 4-H sub-club meetings, or paper signing. and in this room, a projector to hook up live-web casts.
- an Equine Laundry service (drop off dirty, pick up clean!)
- a bar with coffee, tea, and pastries or treats.
- A giant chalk board with the best hay, grain, and shavings prices around!
- a cafe setting with chairs and tables to meet friends and look through the newest catalogs and horse journals
- There would be a lovely organized display of consignment tack/show clothes (not old crap just stuffed onto a crowded clothes rack)
- Maybe a display of a couple of really great show outfits?
- a trophy case where local horsemen can show off awards for a while
- where local artisans could bring the horse products and art to sell!
All this plus a million other things! This is a place I dream about. I wish it could exist because I would be there 24/7 chatting with people, buying stuff, and relaxing in my boots and jeans with a good cup of joe.
When I’m not riding, I still want to be surrounded by horse things and people. I honestly think horse stuff is the only thing I’ve never gotten tire of.